Signs of silence believes one way to measure success is with results. The other way we measure success is by the over 90% percentage of those who keep coming back and using our services because their lives have been touched and improved. Since 1996 that number has remained high and lasting relationships have remained strong. No other agency comes close to our steady growth. We've never experienced a down time or drop in numbers here at SOS. Many call this "Community", and that's what it's all about.
As a supporter, it is important for the you (the community) to know what we are doing as we grow and more deaf are able to achieve accessibility to needed services. From the first deaf person we helped to today, thousands of lives have been changed and for that we are grateful, you made it happen !!
Our mission statement continues to be true as we bring more opportunities and the deaf together in San Diego county. Thanks again for being with us, we appreciate your interest. We are unique and unlike any other agency and that's what sets us apart. See you again soon !!
>Since our inception in 1996 the following results have been recorded:
- Over 5 million people served, deaf and hearing
- Over 500 families provided with food and clothing resources
- Over 300 families provided with housing referrals
- over 500 have been referred to counseling services
- Over 1,000,000 have attended an SOS event
- Over 50 families have been connected to adoption agencies for a deaf child
- Close to 1300 deaf have been placed in employment
- Over 400 deaf teens have experienced our P.A.C.E. deaf teen program
- SOS is now serving in USA, Africa, Virgin Islands, Australia, Mexico, Canada, Ireland, Germany, Poland and the Philippines.
- SOS was recognized as THE Top Non Profit Agency in the World in 2002 for the deaf
- SOS has been Business of the Year 12 yrs in a row, received the Channel 10 Leadership Award, Inducted into a Who's Who publication that reaches 126 Country's in the World and also featured in the Wall Street Journal twice.
NOTE: No other agency with Deaf Services has accomplished what SOS has in their first 18 years in business in Southern California. We are # 1 ....